In the first five months of 2019, 171 cruises of foreign ships were realized, according to the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS). Increase in the number of voyages and longer stay of foreign cruise ships on the Croatian Adriatic The largest number of trips was made by ships flying the flags of Malta (41 trips) and Italy (36 trips), while the largest number of passengers arrived by ships flying the flags of Italy (85 thousand passengers) and Panama (59 thousand passengers). RELATED NEWS: Source: CBS Port of Dubrovnik, a leading destination for foreign cruise ships The port of Dubrovnik (124 visits) had the most visits of foreign cruise ships, followed by the ports of Split (76 visits) and Zadar (32 visits). Source: CBS Compared to the first five months of 2018, foreign cruise ships increased the number of voyages by 17,9% and increased the number of days of stay by 25,3% In the period from January to May 2019, 7,5% more foreign cruise ships entered Croatian seaports, carrying 19,1% more passengers than in the same period in 2018. Foto: MustangJoe, Pixabay.com IN RIJEKA, SPLIT AND DUBROVNIK CRUISERS DRAW ALMOST 190 TIMES MORE KILOGRAMS OF SULFUR OXIDE THAN CARS In the period from January to May 2019, 43 foreign cruise ships entered Croatian seaports with 171 cruises. There were 248 thousand passengers on these ships, who stayed in Croatia for 386 days. Out of a total of 171 cruises, most trips were realized in the Dubrovnik-Neretva County (63,7%) and the Split-Dalmatia County (22,8%), which is a total of 86,5%. The remaining 13,5% of trips were realized in the following counties: Zadar (6,4%), Istria (4,1%), Šibenik-Knin (1,2%) and Primorje-Gorski Kotar (1,8%).
“Hopefully, the gap is not too far from 600,000, [perhaps] around 550,000 or above. That’s our hope,” Anton added. Gaikindo cut its 2020 domestic car sales target by 40 percent to 600,000 earlier this year as pandemic restrictions slowed economic activity and weakened purchasing power. Last year, the country’s auto industry sold just over 1 million cars.Gaikindo special staff member Stefanus Soetomo said on Sept. 17 that the association would have to rethink its current target as the COVID-19 pandemic was lingering longer than expected. He warned that it might have to cut its sales forecast even further.Despite national car sales rebounding to 37,200 in August and 25,200 in July, Stefanus said, the figures were still well below the association’s target of 80,000 cars in August alone. Car maker PT Toyota Astra Motor, which commands a plurality of the Indonesian automobile market, has projected the country’s car sales to fall below expectations after two months of weak sales.Toyota Astra marketing director Anton Jimmi Suwandy said the wholesale numbers booked by the industry in recent months were below expectations and were not on target to meet the Association of Indonesian Automotive Manufacturers’ (Gaikindo) year-end goal of 600,000 sales. “Gaikindo agreed to the 600,000 target for total full-year market sales this year. But as we look at the past few months, [car sales] are not in line with the hopes of achieving 600,000 cars sold,” Anton said at a virtual media briefing on Monday. Toyota, which had a 30.2 percent plurality of the Indonesian automobile market as of August, sold 97,728 cars on the wholesale market in the first eight months of the year.On the retail market, the subsidiary of diversified conglomerate PT Astra International sold 115,553 cars from January to August – a 31.7 percent share of the market. During the same period last year, the company sold 212,888 cars. “Indeed, the biggest impact from COVID-19 occurred in April and May,” Anton said. These were the months that the government enforced strict movement restrictions in response to the virus crisis. Toyota sales dropped 79 percent yoy to 6,727 in May, the lowest monthly sales the company has booked so far this year. Despite falling sales in many of Toyota Astra’s products, Anton reported that the company had seen an increase in sales in the Hiace minibus and the Corolla Cross Hybrid.“With the assumption of 30,000 to 40,000 [cars sold] a month, our conservative expectation for car sales is 400,000 by the end of the year,” Koneksi Kapital equity analyst Alfred Nainggolan told The Jakarta Post on Tuesday. “If the large-scale social restrictions [PSBB] don’t go on for long, it will be possible to reach 500,000 units,” he said, adding that selling 600,000 cars would be a difficult feat. Alfred said retail sales – purchases by end-users – would be higher than wholesales – purchases by dealers for sale on the retail market. This was because showrooms preferred to keep a limited number of products on site as sales slumped. Gaikindo data shows that as of August, 364,034 cars were sold on the retail market, while 323,507 were sold wholesale, annual decreases of 52 percent and 51 percent, respectively. In addition, Alfred said the overall downturn in the automotive industry would, nonetheless, negatively affect Toyota and its parent company. “In the second half of the year, we see potential for a 40 to 50 percent decrease in [Astra’s] bottom line,” Alfred said, noting that a large chunk of Astra Group’s businesses were in the auto industry and its derivatives. Astra’s net profit fell 44 percent yoy to Rp 5.5 trillion in the first half of the year as the pandemic dealt a heavy blow to the automotive industry and commodity prices. Andrey Wijaya, an analyst at RHB Sekuritas, expressed optimism that consumption would gradually recover next year as the pandemic subsided and would eventually positively affect car sales. “In 2020, the performance of car sales will be low, but I am certain that there will be a recovery next year as the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to be resolved with the distribution of vaccines,” Andrey told the Post on Tuesday.Topics :
Seeking to offer customers hotel train service, Italian State Railways will take delivery of the first of 20 Type MUn air-conditioned sleeping cars from Costamasnaga at the end of this month (PP 5.96 p5). Destined for international operation at up to 200 km/h, each car can accommodate up to 23 passengers in seven conventional compartments with 1 to 3 bunks and a single ’suite’ compartment with a double bed. Each compartment has an adjoining private bathroom with shower, washbasin and toilet; the closed-circuit system on each car carries almost 2000litres of water, which is purified to drinking standards by ultra violet equipment.With the compartments prepared for overnight use, each passenger has an individual reading light, an alarm clock and an intercom to call the car attendant. The suite has a video player, equipped with remote control and headphones. At one end of the car is the attendant’s office, incorporating a reception desk, galley with fridge, microwave oven and storage space for food service trolleys and a bunk. The reception area has a sofa and small table; like the corridor and suite, it is lit by fibre-optic ’stars’ which form part of the design strategy to create a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere for overnight journeys. Security features include in-car CCTV, control of end and side doors (normally locked at night) by the attendant, and security locks and spy holes on the sliding cabin doors. Fire detection is fitted, and care has been taken to select fire-resistant construction materials that do not produce smoke or toxic fumes easily.Power for the car’s electrical equipment is supplied by an RIC-type static converter with a maximum output of 65 kVA, fed by the train’s high-voltage supply when hauled by an electric loco. On-board equipment runs off the converter’s 380V 50Hz AC output, including a charger for the car’s 24V batteries which power low-voltage circuits. An underfloor diesel generator set provides power when the car is detached from the train supply or operating on a non-electrified route. oCAPTION: The MUn’s double-bedded suite compartment will be marketed as ’Super Luxe’ class
Midfielder Marouane Fellaini had the visitors’ best chance, volleying wide from close range in the first half, while Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard saw Sylvain Distin clear off the line after the break. Distin had the ball in the just before the hour from a Leighton Baines’ corner only for referee Michael Oliver to disallow it after the usual pushing and holding in the penalty area as he booked Victor Anichebe for dissent. However, just three bookings in a game which has seen 20 red cards in the previous 41 meetings indicated a lack of bite. Liverpool and Everton shared the spoils in a forgettable 220th Merseyside derby bereft of incident which ended in a goalless draw at Anfield. Sixth-placed Everton, five points ahead of their near-neighbours, did not have enough in their locker to end their drought on enemy territory and Jamie Carragher, on his 30th and final Merseyside derby before retirement, had one of his quieter afternoons. Liverpool looked to utilise Daniel Sturridge’s pace early on with Jordan Henderson’s superb 60-yard crossfield ball into his path surpassed only by Gerrard’s from the opposite diagonal which resulted in Distin clearing the striker’s cross. Gerrard’s further participation became a concern when he crashed to the floor in tangling with Leon Osman and although he moved gingerly for the next few minutes there was little chance of the Huyton-born midfielder dropping out of this one early. But in truth the visitors took their superiority in the table onto the pitch as they had the better of the opening 25 minutes in which they should have taken the lead. Fellaini had the best chance of the half when he got on the end of Baines’ free-kick but somehow shot across goal and just wide of the far post from about four yards. Philippe Coutinho, the mastermind of last week’s 6-0 drubbing of Newcastle, had initially struggled in the frenetic derby atmosphere, but early in the second half he played a fine through ball but Sturridge could not get round Tim Howard in a one-on-one situation and eventually fired into the side-netting. Distin’s disallowed effort followed, with Anichebe lucky not to be punished further. Coutinho opted for delicacy as opposed to power and lifted a shot well over before Gerrard – after a swift passing exchange with Sturridge – was denied only by Distin’s goalline clearance after the midfielder had gone around Howard before the match petered out in a goalless draw. Press Association
The 26-year-old Holland keeper, who played under Van Gaal at last summer’s World Cup in Brazil, has huge respect for his compatriot. However, having kept just a second Barclays Premier League clean sheet in seven attempts since his return from injury in Saturday’s 1-0 win over struggling Aston Villa at St James’ Park, he is hoping to get the better of the United manager when he and his team head for Tyneside on Wednesday evening. Cisse said: “It’s very, very nice to see Jonas. I have seen him in the training ground, but in the stadium, it’s not the same. I said said to him, ‘welcome back’, because Jonas is a big man and he is very, very important for the team.” Villa boss Tim Sherwood was understandably disappointed with a result he felt was not warranted by his team’s display, but was nevertheless able to take positives. He said: “No-one said it was going to be easy, I knew it was going to be tough and it is getting tougher as the games tick off . “But I am not trying to take any pressure off the guys. I have said to them in there we need to put pressure on ourselves. It’s important that we win football matches and we take something from every game we play. “If they perform like that we have got more of a chance to be able to do that. I am far happier today in defeat – I know it’s zero points still, but I am far happier in defeat today than I was last week because I saw an improvement, which means they are listen on the training field and they are trying to apply themselves correctly like I am telling them.” Asked about his World Cup adventure under Van Gaal, Krul told nufcTV: “We had a great 10 weeks, I learnt a lot from him and obviously the goalkeeping coach there as well, Frans Hoek. We had a really good 10 weeks, memorable forever. I will never forget those experiences we had there. “I am looking forward to seeing him on Wednesday – and taking three points from him. Wednesday is a massive game. They are always big, big games against Manchester United here and we are confident because they don’t like coming here.” If the Magpies are to emerge with a second three-point haul inside five days, they will have to play significantly better against United than they did to claim their first home victory of 2015 at the weekend. Indeed, Villa, who remain deep in relegation trouble, enjoyed the better of the first half and had it not been for two fine saves from Krul either side of the break, one to keep out Christian Benteke’s acrobatic overhead kick and the other to block Tom Cleverley’s shot with a foot, things might have turned out differently. The keeper, who had to pick the ball out of his net on five occasions at Manchester City a week earlier, said: “That’s the least we had to do, just put a proper graft in, blocks on the line, blocks on the edge. “We just helped each other out really well and I am really proud of the team, the way we reacted after last week.” Ultimately it was Papiss Cisse’s 11th goal of the season which won the match as he controlled Daryl Janmaat’s cross and fired past the helpless Brad Guzan with 37 minutes gone to maintain his impressive goals-to-games ratio this season. The Senegal international headed straight to the bench to celebrate with midfielder Jonas Gutierrez, who was back among the matchday squad for the first time in 17 months following his recovery from testicular cancer. Press Association Tim Krul is hoping to pile the pressure on his former international boss Louis van Gaal as Newcastle attempt to dent Manchester United’s bid for a top-four finish.
“We want to be aggressive, but there is a fine line between being aggressive and doing dumb things,” Walton said. “Sometimes when we were being aggressive, we were also doing dumb things.”Lakers forward Julius Randle (8 for 13) initially kept the game competitive with 22 points, six rebounds and five assists, which he attributed to his aggressiveness. But then he pointed blame on himself for the Spurs outrebounding the Lakers 49-26.“We all weren’t ready to play,” Randle said. “They came out and were more aggressive.”Still, Popovich said Walton “has done a great job in establishing a culture” before raving about his basketball intelligence as an 11-year NBA role player.“When you get a compliment from someone like that, you take it. But it doesn’t make us better,” Walton said. “We still have to come and grind, work and know we have a long journey ahead.”The Lakers’ latest performance provided a good reminder of that as San Antonio’s depth and experience seemed light years ahead. “We gave up too quickly as if this is going to be hard for us,” Walton said. “That is not okay. That is not the way we want to play as a team.”After the Lakers whittled an 18-point deficit to as few as four, the Spurs exposed cracks in the Lakers’ youthful foundation by exerting their dominance.Lakers guard D’Angelo Russell fouled Leonard on a buzzer-beating 3-point attempt, which resulted in three made foul shots with three-tenths of a second left before halftime. The Lakers missed 10 of their first 11 shots, while the Spurs scored 36 third-quarter points.“At point guard, everything starts with me,” said Russell, who had only nine points on 4-of-13 shooting and three assists. “With not getting off to a great start, that started with me. Us not getting stops early started with me. So that’s something I need to get better at.”Walton also would like the Lakers to get better at their fouling. Though he has seen relative improvement since training camp, the Lakers collected 25 fouls as the Spurs went 26-of-29 from the free-throw line. SAN ANTONIO >> The nightmares have stopped turning into reality for Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who has finally coached against the Lakers without worrying about how Kobe Bryant would ruin his day.Longtime Spurs great Tim Duncan can no longer torment the Lakers, but the Spurs still have plenty that worry the Lakers. In their 134-94 loss to San Antonio on Thursday at AT&T Center, the Lakers received another reminder of their learning curve and how the Spurs maintain continuity through any changes.While the Lakers (15-28) unsuccessfully clawed back from a poor start with their young roster, San Antonio (31-8) posted a season-high on points by relying on the traits that have made them arguably the league’s most consistent franchise through five NBA titles and 19 consecutive playoffs.San Antonio’s Kawhi Leonard, the latest face of the franchise, had 31 points on 10-of-13 shooting, Former Lakers center Pau Gasol added 22 points and nine rebounds while going 9 for 9 from the field. Spurs guard Tony Parker added an efficient 13 points and six assists while shooting 6 for 10. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
Dr. Qureshi says she is seeing three to five children with HFMD every day at Loyola Medicine and that many parents confuse the symptoms with chickenpox.Like HFMD, chickenpox can appear as a rash. However, the rash with chickenpox typically starts on the trunk of the body and moves outward.Also, the chickenpox vaccine has a greater than 98 percent immunity with two doses, but there is not a vaccine for HFMD so prevention is key.The virus is spread through saliva and by touching things. It can survive on environmental surfaces for a long period of time, making the disease especially prone to outbreaks in daycare and schools.”Babies who have no control over their secretions and are often putting things in their mouth and touching other objects, are at the highest risk of transmission,” Dr. Qureshi said.The best way to prevent the spread of HFMD is good hand hygiene in children and adults. Babies diagnosed with HFMD should be kept at home and schools should be notified so they can thoroughly clean the area.There is no treatment for HFMD. The illness can last for three to six days. It is important to keep children hydrated, especially since the mouth sores can make it difficult for babies to eat and drink. Children may return to daycare or school when their fever has broken and the sores have healed. Reviewed by Kate Anderton, B.Sc. (Editor)Aug 23 2018With an uptick in cases of hand, foot and mouth disease in the area, Loyola Medicine pediatric infectious disease specialist Nadia Qureshi, MD, offers tips to keep kids healthy as they go back to school.”The most important prevention is good hand hygiene,” Dr. Qureshi said.Hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) is caused by a virus and it is commonly contracted by children, especially under the age of five. Like the name suggests, it appears as a rash or blisters in the mouth, on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet.Related StoriesMosquito surveillance in Madagascar reveals new insight into malaria transmissionGender biases are extremely common among health care professionalsIt is okay for women with lupus to get pregnant with proper care, says new studyThe symptoms of HFMD are: Source:https://www.loyolamedicine.org/ Fever Rashes, mainly to the mouth, hands, feet and buttocks, which can blister Blisters to the inside of the mouth or tongue Sore throat Reduced appetite