Broome County reports 7th coronavirus-related death

first_imgBroome County Executive Jason Garnar will continue to provide live COVID-19 updates on Facebook Monday through Friday at 3 p.m. In a press release, the Broome County Executives Office says the individual was a male in his 60s.  For more coronavirus coverage, click here. (WBNG) — Broome County announced their seventh coronavirus-related death in the community on Sunday. Check the Broome County’s website for updates on the coronavirus. last_img

Charlie Nicholas fears Liverpool will ‘expose’ Arsenal summer signing David Luiz

first_imgAdvertisement Comment Arsenal summer signing David Luiz could be ‘exposed’ by Liverpool (Picture: Getty)Charlie Nicholas fears Liverpool will ‘expose’ Arsenal summer signing David Luiz in this weekend’s much-anticipated Premier League clash.Brazilian defender Luiz swapped Chelsea for Arsenal on deadline day and made his full debut for the Gunners in last week’s 2-1 victory over Burnley.The 32-year-old has extensive experience in the Premier League and will be tasked with thwarting Liverpool’s deadly attack at Anfield on Saturday.Gunners hero Nicholas told Sporting Life: ‘I am hesitant, to say the least.ADVERTISEMENTMore: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘It has been a good start, with Arsenal having won their first two matches for the first time in 10 years, so it tells you exactly how they usually start the season.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘The team will definitely be positive going into it, but the defensive frailties are still there and with Liverpool playing their front three, they will have pace and menace to deal with.‘The other way to look at it, is that it will be a test to see where Arsenal are in relation to the top four. And a huge question on the day will be whether David Luiz will be exposed.‘The start is crucial, especially at Anfield, as Arsenal need to get through the first 20-25 minutes without damage. It is about getting through the first phase of the game and still being in it.’ Unai Emery reacts to Arsenal’s 2-1 win over BurnleyTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Play VideoLoaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 7:01FullscreenUnai Emery reacts to Arsenal’s 2-1 win over Burnleyhttps://metro.co.uk/video/unai-emery-reacts-arsenals-2-1-win-burnley-1987794/This is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.Nicholas, who has predicted a 3-1 win for Liverpool, added: ‘It also depends on how Unai Emery decides to line up.‘He may decide to try and block it up, try and stop Liverpool playing, try to keep it compact because of the the opposition.‘I would much rather he went a bit more attacking, and I’d go with the same back four with Mateo Guendouzi and Lucas Torreira holding, Dani Ceballos in front of those two and a front three of Aubameyang, Nicolas Pepe and Alexandre Lacazette.‘They need to get on the ball and make things happen. If you go at Liverpool they are not as good at the back and could show weakness.More: FootballBruno Fernandes responds to Man Utd bust-up rumours with Ole Gunnar SolskjaerNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira moves‘If Arsenal pin Liverpool back then it can give us hope. But they’re so strong at home this Liverpool team that I am expecting them to win this game.’Phil Thompson, meanwhile, also expects Liverpool to come out on top and said: ‘Arsenal have started better than Liverpool, although both teams are unbeaten.‘They have probably played a bit better than we have, but Liverpool have been hampered by having the Super Cup game in Istanbul and Jurgen Klopp hasn’t had chance to work with his team as much as Unai Emery.‘I’m really looking forward this game, I always look forward to Liverpool v Arsenal as this has been one of the most attractive fixtures in the Premier League over the past few years, there is always something about this one. It whets the football appetite.’MORE: Ozil gives advice to Willock and Nelson over staking Arsenal first-team claims Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterThursday 22 Aug 2019 11:19 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link568Shares Charlie Nicholas fears Liverpool will ‘expose’ Arsenal summer signing David Luizlast_img read more

Yobo Tips Omeruo to Step into His Shoes

first_imgFormer Super Eagles Captain, Joseph Yobo Wednesday tipped in-form CD Leganes FC player, Kenneth Omeruo, to step into his shoes as a regular centre-back.The retired footballer made the assertion in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at his unveiling as brand ambassador of the inaugural Trophy five-a-side “Join the Field of Honour” competition.Yobo was capped 101 for Nigeria. He played in three FIFA World Cups and Six Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) for the Super Eagles after making his debut against Zambia in 2002. Kenneth Omeruo .(right) has been in superb form since joining Leganes in the Spanish La Liga jpg Yobo captained the senior national team in 2010 after the retirement of Nwankwo Kanu and went on to win the AFCON as a captain in 2013 with a 1-0 win over Burkina Faso in South Africa.The 38-year-old also scored seven goals during his international career after his first goal against Madagascar in the 2012 AFCON qualifiers on Sept. 4.Looking back at his successful years in the Nigeria’s green white green jersey and a possible successor to the shoes he left behind, Yobo said that Omeruo was capable of taking over from him.“I am happy for Omeruo because he played along with me. I am happy that he is fulfilling his potential because he is a good defender.“Omeruo is someone I have hoped to take over from me and I am happy that he is in Spain and doing fantastically well.“I am also happy other defenders such as Leon Balogun and other players are performing as well. It is always good that we have our defenders fit and at the moment doing well.“Super Eagles as a team is presently doing well now and only need the support of all Nigerians to do better at the AFCON 2019,” stressed the former Nigerian captain.Yobo cut his teeth at Standard Liege of Belgium before moving to Everton FC. He left Everton to join Norwich FC before leaving England for Turkey to star for Fenerbache FC.He asked handlers of the senior national team to give fringe players the chance to show what they have to offer now that pressure is not on Super Eagles in the dead-rubber last qualifying game with Seychelles.“The Super Eagles have now qualified for AFCON, so the game against Seychelles is not so important. It is important to give the upcoming and fringe players a chance.“The Super Eagles can as well win the AFCON. It is possible because I was fascinated about the way they qualified for the tournament with a game in hand.“We should note that qualifiers are always tough for Nigeria but it happened because the team build on the success from the World Cup.“The future is bright for the team and I believe in them. In football you go into the tournament with the mind of winning but the team should take it one game after other,” Yobo concluded.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Reggae Marathon weekend December 1-3

first_img One of the highlights of this year’s event will be the participation of the 2016 winners of the Tottori Prefecture Marathon, in Japan, as part of a twinning agreement between the Westmoreland Parish Council and its counterpart in Japan, the Tottori Prefeture. Leading up to the December event in Negril, a Burger King-sponsored ‘Run Di Road’ 10K Race Day will be held on Sunday, November 6, starting from the Burger King store at the Portmore Mall, beginning 7 a.m. Participants will be allowed to run or walk the race. In addition, the popular 4x1500m relay for students will also be opened to tertiary institutions and members of running clubs. Participants in ‘Run Di Road’ 10K Race Day can register at runningeventsja.com or pick up registration forms at Burger King’s head office, 18 Hope Road, as well as the Burger King stores at Portmore Mall and Braeton. “We are very proud of the fact that we will, again, be using hi-tech scoring systems for the Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K,” Francis said. Scoring for Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K will be provided by MYLAPS Bib Tag timing system, with live on-line tracking of runners along the course available on www.reggaemarathon.com and interim results posted during the race. There will be over US$10,000 in total prize money this year, together with finisher certificates, as well as Bob Marley and Rita Marley trophies to the male and female winners of the Reggae Marathon. In addition, there will be a special prize category for high school boys and girls in the 10K and special prize categories for teams in the Half Marathon and 10K. Last year, no local prize winner broke the Reggae Marathon course records in any of the three events, so this year the Jamdammers Running Club of Kingston will continue to offer a special prize purse to any local who will break any of these course records. Major sponsors of the 2016 Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K are: Jamdammers Running Club of Kingston; PUMA Running; Jamaica Tourist Board; Couples Resorts Jamaica; JHTA – Negril Chapter and Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association. TWINNING AGREEMENT The 16th staging of the Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10K will be held from December 1-3 in Negril. The run-off will begin on the IAAF-certified course at the Long Bay Beach Park, located along Negril’s famed seven-mile beach, then loop into the town of Negril, before heading north towards the town of Green Island. The main event will start at 5:15 a.m. on Saturday, December 3, and the course will remain open for six hours. New for 2016 will be that marathoners must reach the half-way mark in three hours to stay in the event. “We are expecting a minimum of 2,500 participants from more than the 35 countries which participated last year,” said Alfred ‘Frano’ Francis, race director of the Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K event. Francis said a number of groups and individuals have already registered their attendance. In fact, he said, one participant has timed his honeymoon in Jamaica to coincide with his participation in the sport event.last_img read more

No such thing as a digital detox for mobile addicted Aussies

first_imgAs Australians become more reliant on their mobile devices with each day, the Hotels.com™ Mobile Travel Tracker* uncovers the impact mobile technology is having on the nation’s behaviour when it comes to travel.According to the Hotels.com™ Mobile Travel Tracker, a global study of 9,200 travellers across 31 countries, today’s modern Australian traveller makes three trips a year and stays in a hotel 11 nights of the year. For 7% of Aussie travellers, the hotel becomes their home for a month, spending more than 31 days a year in a hotel room^.Number one travel accessorySixty four per cent of Australians ranked their mobile device as the most important thing to travel with, ranking it higher than taking a best friend or loved one with them (42%).After unlocking their phones on their trips, it appears that Aussies are using their phone to search for restaurants and food markets (57%), followed by using maps and directions apps to get around (54%).Lust drives lovers to book hotelsLust is driving Aussie lovers to hotels, with 20% of those surveyed admitting to having made a same day hotel booking due to a successful date that they wanted to carry on.Twice as many men (8%) as women (4%) admit to using dating apps such as Tinder and Grindr while travelling. Valentine’s Day is the most popular day for a last minute hotel booking at 16%.Social media show-offsNearly half of 18-29 (44%) and 30-39 year olds (47%) primarily use social media on their phones while on holiday – to show off their snaps to friends and family back home.The most popular social media networks to surf while on holiday are Facebook (74%), YouTube (26%) and Instagram (24%).Travel more thanks to mobileAlmost a third of Aussies regularly book their hotel stays on a mobile device (32%) with this number rising to 40% for the 30 – 39 year olds, according to the survey. Short interstate breaks (25%), intrastate short breaks (24%) and short breaks abroad (23%) are the main occasions in which hotel bookings are made on mobiles.Secret bookers – From the bedroom to the bathroomOf all the places where Aussies book hotel rooms, 20% say they’ve booked whilst in bed with their partner. Just over a sixth (16%) of people admitted to booking a hotel on their daily commute and 12% even confessed to booking a hotel whilst sitting on the toilet!How Aussies will use mobile in the futureWith mobile technologies developing at such speed, there’s no doubt mobile usage when it comes to travel will change and evolve this year. The Hotels.com™ Mobile Travel Tracker looked at what activities travellers would be prepared to do in the future on their mobile devices whilst travelling. The most popular future usage requests were leaving an instant hotel review and checking in using their device (33%). Hotels.com has already launched real time reviews, so this technology isn’t far away.Dan Craig, Senior Director of Mobile at Hotels.com said: “We pride ourselves on the booking experience we offer today’s modern traveller through our mobile app. As one of the market leaders in the mobile space, we’re constantly innovating and adding new features to make our app more personal and improve both hotel shopping and the customer experience.”The Hotels.com mobile app is available for IOS, Android, Windows and Amazon Kindle devices, and already has over 50 million downloads worldwide. More insights here *9,200 adults from 31 countries were polled by One Poll, commissioned by Hotels.com in May 2016.^300 Australians were polled as part of the One Poll survey, commissioned by Hotels.com in May 2016Source = Hotels.comlast_img read more